Sunday, 12 January 2014

Winter Style Challenge: Win £500 Debenhams vouchers

So... Debenhams has decided to offer an amazing competition, right up us fashion bloggers street. For a chance to win £500 to spend in Debenhams (yes... can you imagine?) or £50 if your  runner up (still be awesome!) simply create two winter looks, one daytime and one party wear, each outfit must not exceed the budget of £250!
The winner will be judged by Natasha from girlinthelens.com and Victoria vipxo.co.uk

For further details please visit HERE

and here is my entry...

Daytime look: lets hit the shopping mall.

1. Black lizzie blouse by Poppy Lux £26.00
2.  Black lizzie skirt by Poppy Lux WAS £26.00 NOW £18.20
3. Black knee high thermal Socks by Hotsquash £10.99
4. Designer dark grey herringbone coat WAS £159.00 NOW £79.99
5. Black chunky heel buckle ankle boots by Quiz £39.99
6. Wine pyramid studded tote bag by Red Herring WAS £39.00 NOW £19.50
7. Black stripe PVC dome umbrella by Totes £15.00

TOTAL = £209.67

For my daytime winter look I decided to take some inspiration from current fashion trend monochrome as well as a bit of Audrey Hepburn, mix and matching the both I have teamed up a cute diamond print skirt with its matching shirt, I adore the bow at the front toning down the boldness and creating more o a cutesy edgy feel. To add some character I have selected some plan black knee high socks and my current love for cut out boots! To keep warm I have chosen an grey ombre coat! I felt a hint of colour was needed so I chose a dark crimson red bag which I think the studs tie in with my look nicely. Lastly, I thought with the horrific rainy days an umbrella was needed to complete the look! 

Next up...

Party look: Fairy Tales.

1. White mesh prom dress by Quiz WAS £64.99 OW £54.99
2. Cream faux fur front mini shoulder bag by Faith WAS £35.00 NOW £28.00
3. Cream pearl & crystal stretch bracelet by Jon Richard £12.00
4. Gold diamante high sandals by Faith WAS £60.00 NOW £45.00
5. Rose gold pave teardrop earrings by Pilgrim WAS £15 NOW £12.00
6. Rouge coco shine hydrating sheer lipshine by Chanel £24.00

TOTAL = £175.99

For my party wear I went for a complete opposite look to my daytime look. I was browsing through the Debenham's website and I didn't really know what I was looking for. Usually on a night out I will decide on a key piece of clothing or pair of shoes I want to wear then start building my outfit from that. Now, you that are familiar with my blog, it's very rare, almost never do I go for "girly" but when I saw this perfect beautiful embellished dress with a cute sweetheart neckline I couldn't resist to build a "fairy" inspired look. Then my next step was bags... I had in mind what I was looking for so I typed in "faux fur" in the search bar, and boom, in front of me was this perfect bag to go with the perfect dress! I picked a fancy pair of gold shoes and completing the look with pearl bracelet and some dainty droplet earrings! Finally, since I have so much budget left I thought I would hunt down the perfect lipstick to finalise my look, I went for a very natural shade as I felt this would fit in with the innocence of this look.

Hope you all like my builds and best of luck to everyone who entered! 

No comments:

Post a Comment