Sunday, 15 September 2013

SISTER RIVALRY: Autumn Trend FOTD


Howdy!

Today I very excitedly present to you a new feature on my blog, 'Sister Rivalry.'
My sister and I are both bloggers, Kaka being more of a beauty blogger, in my eyes her blog is one of the best and I'm actually exceedingly jealous at how amazing all her posts are! Check her out over at www.kakabeautyblog.com. Myself I started out as a fashion blogger but slowly also started to blog about beauty, DIY, design, lifestyle... So not entirely sure what sort of blogger I am but I'm gonna go with fashion?

We decided to collaborate and create this new fun feature for our readers. So this is how it works, we together will decide on a theme then we go off on our own and interpret what we feel is best suited for the chosen topic and design and create great posts for you readers!

Despite of the feature title 'Sister Rivalry' this really isn't about competition, we just wanted to have some fun and bring something new and exciting to our blogs! We will do this on a regular basis, different topics, different themes, different types of posts to make this a fair challenge!
Hope you guys enjoy! 

So since it's the time of year where the trends change over from Spring/Summer to Autumn/Winter we decided to make Autumn 2013 our first Sister Rivalry post. 

Below is my inspiration, this autumn orangey eyeshadow is in so I decided to mix this up with a bit of black to create a smokey edge. 









What Products I used:

Etude House BB Cream in shade W24
Lily Lolo Mineral Bronzer in shade Waikiki
Benefit Smokey Eyes (used for my eyebrows)
Illamasqua Liquid Metal in shade Electrum
Mac Mega Metal Eyeshadow in shade Paparazzshe
Mac Mineralize Eye Shadow in shade Under your Shell
Make up Forever Star Powder in shade Poudre Irisée
Rimmel Special Eyes Precision Eye Liner pencil in shade 161 Black
Sleek True Colour Lipstick in shade Sheen
 Peter Thomas Roth Matte Lip balm

I firstly applied my foundation and then started to work on my big brow brows, as bold brows are in this season I used a black matte shadow and thickened my brows as part of my FOTD. 
Next I applied black to both corners of my eyes leaving a gap in the center to apply the orange. To enhance the colour I firstly applied liquid metal by Illamasqua before applying Mac shadow.

I decided to go all out and like my inspiration look apply a bright bold orange to the lips! 

To complete the look I added a touch of Lily and Lolo Bronzer to the cheeks and nose.

To view my sister rivalry: Autumn Tred FOTD look please visit Kaka's blog HERE.





2 comments:

  1. Lovely Jubbly sis! Great FOTD! Trust you to go all out and do a BOLD look! I'm not as brave tho haha! Hope you liked my less outrageous and more play safe look! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great FOTD! I love the orange and the black together very daring.

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete