Monday, 2 September 2013

Paper Louis Vuitton Bag







Hi again all...
Your all probably wondering why I made a paper version of the Mérit by Louis Vuitton. 
Well this would be why...

As some of you readers may already know from reading my previous post I very sadly lost my mum just over two months ago. There's a comforting belief Chinese people share, we like to believe that by burning paper replicas of things such as money, houses, cars, etc we are providing material good for our lost ones. All these paper replicas are available to purchase however I wanted to hand make something for my beloved ma. By writing the name of the person you wish to give a gift to on the items before burning we like to think the other side would be on the receiving end.

When my Mum was still here with us she loved shopping, and although she loved the high street one of her favourite designers was of course Louis Vuitton. So when coming to decide what to make her, the idea came pretty quickly... I will burn this for mum nearer her birthday in December :)

I picked the bag from the current collection, I hope you like it Ma! And it wouldn't be like you to have zero complaint but I really hope you like! 

Love.

8 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely belief and I'm sure your mum will be touched looking down on you :)

    xoxo
    jessica
    from
    www.thecrownwings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely thing and you've made such an amazing bag for your mum.

    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, I'm Vietnamese so I'm familiar with this tradition. I think this is a lovely gift, and hope your mom loves it. Btw -- awesome blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love the idea behind the tradition, its so lovely that you made this for your mum and its so nice! Did you copy a pattern? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! follow each other on gfc? :)

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post and great gesture to our Mum. She will be proud of you just like the rest of us :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea and can I just say it looks amazing! You should start a series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea... I was looking at this and was saying how cute the paper bag is...
    Then I read literally just the first 2 lines of that 2nd paragraph and I couldn't read on, i told my husband too and even he had tears in his eyes...
    You melted my heart, and I am still crying about it. I admire this so much and I'm so jealous that your mama now has the Metis!!!
    Stay strong girl, you empower women, you really do and I appreciate the love you have for those around you, even though I don't know you... but after this post, you have no idea how much I want you as a friend now!

    Girl, I have your back, so you can come to talk to me whenever you want ;)
    So much love in this post, so much love in your heart and its spreading to me too...
    You're truly amazing..

    DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF MI | J Y U K I M I

    ReplyDelete