Saturday, 30 March 2013

HOW TO DIY STUDDED SHOES!


Hi readers!
How is everyone Easter holiday's panning out?
I spent my good Friday completely chilling! I ate chocolate, caught up on my american dramas, drank lots of tea, and I prepared this blog post... :) 

So you guys remember the last pair of shoes I customised? If not, you can visit HERE I got a great response for sharing that will you all so I thought I would show you how it's done with another pair of heels with a different design (same technique though)

So here we go...

You will need:
• Flat screw back studs (for this style I only used 8 studs but it depends on the design and the size of your feet, the quantity may vary)
• Pencil
• Lighter
• Pliers
• A screwdriver in which fits the screw of the stud flat back, (in this case it was a small phillips screw head) 
• A pointy/sharp metal nail or pin (thick enough to push a hole through the shoe, also a similar width to the flat screw back stud, this just makes the process easier)

You can easily find all the above on EBAY..! 
To be honest you only need ebay for the studs.... everything else on the list you can buy in the local DIY shop or even a pound shop! 



STEP 1:
Firstly use a pencil and mark out exactly where you want the studs to go

STEP 2:
Very carefully use a lighter to heat up the sharp nail/pin (make sure you don't directly hold the metal nail/pin as the whole thing heats up and you can burn yourself! Hold nail with pliers)

STEP 3:
After heating the nail, very quickly whilst nail is still piping hot, pierce through the marked spot on the outer shoe. Be very careful not to burn yourself!

STEP 4:
Take the nail out and go through the hole again from the inner shoe, do this a few times if the hole is still stiff. The cleaner the hole the easier it is to fit the stud.


STEP 5:
Get the stud and the flat back

STEP 6:
Push the back through the hole, if theres a small struggle getting the flatback to reach the other side, get your screwdriver and turn the back, this should do the trick!

STEP 7:
Once you start to see the flatback screw come through the other side, put the stud on and screw tightly in place

STEP 8:
Repeat above steps again until your design is complete!

HAVE FUN GUYS AND GALS and please do tweet me if you follow this! would love to see the outcome @lealeaho

PLEASE CLICK TO VISIT ALL MY OTHER DIY POSTS HERE

Happy Holidays!







PS. Eat lots of chocolate eggs!




7 comments:

  1. Ah that looks brill! Where would I find tools like this/how much for? A craft shop, or better off looking on eBay for a good deal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EBAY hun! i will add that to the post actually :) il try find some links!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this post! Great job leams! Now can you do mine!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I really need to start studding stuff.

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! However I think if I buys studs I'll end up studding everything I own :L

    http://msbeaujoli.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hun, thank you for your comment on my blog and for following. This is a great DIY post! I'd love to try this :) I've now followed back lovely x

    C x | gymbagsandgladrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great with the added studs, fab DIY ;)

    Kylie x
    http://lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete