Monday, 2 July 2012

a simple daily make up routine

Hey there, alot of people ask me about make up and how I have time to apply it all the time, no lies sometimes if I'm feeling it, I will spend about 40 minutes faffing and getting ready but sometimes I honestly spend no more than 15 - 20 minutes to slap the make up on, a simple black eyeliner and a touch of lipstick. Fabulous :) Heres how using:


Above (Left to Right)
Elf Eye Palette 'Warm' #10601
YSL Rouge Pur shade 52
M.A.C Moisture Cover shade NW20
Rimmel Kohl Soft Eye Liner Pencil shade 061 Jet Black
Chamayu Brows Up shade brown
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil shade 001 Dark Brown
Rimmel Professional Glam Liquid Liner shade 001 Black
Benefit Smokin' Eyes Eye & Brow kit
M.A.C Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara
Missha Perfect Cover B.B Cream Shade No.23


So before you begin these steps, do your usual base routines, so thats moisturiser, concealer, foundation, eye brighteners etc...

Step 1: Always brush your brows upwards, before adding any colour etc, if theres any long hairs just trim them.

Step 2: Use a sharpened eyebrow pencil (I'm using Rimmel Professional Eye Brow Pencil in Dark Brown) and start colouring your natural shape brow lightly.

Step 3: Use a eyebrow brush and an eyebrow wax (I'm using Benefit Smokin' eyes Brow Zings for brow shaping) and start defining the top and bottom of the brow. 

Step 4: Final touch for the eyebrows, use a brow set (I'm currently using Chamayu Brows Up in shade brown) either same colour of your brow pencil or clear and go over the brow, brushing in the same direction as growth.


Step 5: This is where lot of people struggle and always ask me, the eye liner. My only advice is to keep practicing, when I started, I swear my line was always wonky but gradually I got better. Use a pencil to start off with if you find this easier... (Here I have used Rimmel Professional  Glam eyes liquid liner in Black) start by applying a thin line as close to your lashes as possible.

Step 6: Then if you want, keep adding to the eyeline and increasing the thickness gradually until you're happy.

Okay so if you are looking for a very simple and natural look like above, you can stop here or if you would like to look a tiny bit more dramatic then carry on following my simple steps.

Step 7 & 8: These steps are optional, its entirely up to you if you want the flick on the end to simply flick out like I have shown you in steps 5 & 6 or if you would like the flick to be bolder then draw a short line following the shape of the bottom of your eye to the tip of the flick, then colour in the inside of the border you just created.


This is one of the best tips my best friend (a professional make up artist working for M.A.C) taught me, I now share this with you lovely readers!

Step 9: Apply a very LIGHT/FAINT amount of pencil liner (Here I'm using Rimmel London Soft Kohl eye liner pencil in shade 061 Jet Black) to the bottom of your eye, get as close as possible to the eye, obviously don't poke your eye out! apply thicker towards the outer corner of your eye and thiner as you move towards the inner eye corner.

Step 10 & 11: This is the part I love, because before I used to just use the Kohl pencil and my eyes always looked TOO bold and TOO block! but this is what my best mate taught me, get a thin eyeshadow blending brush, a thin tip would be useful and dab it gently in a black eyeshadow (I use ELF Warm Palette, which may I add, if you haven't yet done so, buy it, ALL the colours are brilliant and useful for natural looking eyes!) then very gently stroke across over the kohl pencil, filling in any gaps, and ensuring you are blending the eye shadow in creating a really soft bottom eye liner! Make sure like with the pencil, add more colour towards the outer corner of the eye and less colour to the inner!

Now finally add a touch of mascara (Today I used M.A.C Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara)


So this is how I look right now,  for a little more personality, why not add a touch of lipstick...


Almost done!
TIP: If you can, use a lip liner, this makes your lipstick last longer! as well as give your a great definition.

Step 12: Well in this case I don't have the matching lipliner, but to get that definition you can also use a lip brush,  carefully draw around the lips before you apply the lipstick. (I use YSL Rouge Pur in shade 52)

Step 13: Once you have drawn around the lips creating the lip shape you want, fill in the inside with the lipstick, creating a more stronger, bolder, more vibrant colour.


And lastly completing the look, add a touch of bronzer across the cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. (I here use my all time favourite, Lily Lolo Mineral Bronzer in shade Waikiki)

The final look:



and of course, my matching nails... (which by the way this wasn't intentional, really only noticed this after I applied the lipstick lol)

Hope this post helps?


9 comments:

  1. Love your eyes, they're so pretty!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, such cute make-up!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow i love the eyeliner your eyes are fantastic :) :) im still trying to get the winged look right :)

    am new and following :)
    ninasbargainbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your eyeliner i love the shape of your eyes, your so pretty

    http://rockin-in-heels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your eyeliner, you´re so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so beautiful, your make-up looks amazing :)
    Love Holz oxo
    http://beautifulsimplicity-holziepink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a beautiful look :) Some great tips too!

    http://www.beckyleight.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your eyeliner here!! Your make up over all looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete