Monday, 21 May 2012

A Paper Dress.

Testing 123



The Finals





Hello Readers! This is a paper wedding dress I made back in uni last year. 

The concept behind this dress was mixing the Eastern and the Western. I am a British born Chinese. My parents both are from China, Hong Kong and they moved to England, then later settled in Wales, where I was born. 
So I was very fortunate to have deep understanding of the Eastern traditions as well as the Western.
One of the biggest tradition clashes are Weddings. Red is the colour for Chinese weddings, the bride wears a red dress with gold patterns and as for the Western side, it's obviously the traditional white dress.
The pattern I have used for my dress design is the scales from the famous Chinese Dragon, shaped like the wing from the Phoenix.

Design & Dress Making - Leamen Ho
Video - Leamen Ho
Photography & Editing - Victoria MacPherson
Model - Poppy Andrews
Make Up - Leamen Ho


This is how I did it...


I hope you all like, and any comments about my work would be highly appreciated! So whether you love it or hate it, I'd love to hear it!




21 comments:

  1. How intriguing! I love the scales on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, amazing! and great video! you are really creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats amazing, i love her daisy yellow tights :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks laura! the yellow tights are actully suppose to be apart of the flower... if you look closer, the bottom half of her dress is a lily upside down :)

      LeaLea x

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's amazing!!! I wish I had some fashion design skills..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful piece of artwork that is wearable at the same time. Love the details and the shapes giving volume to the dress xoxo
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anthea! yes il follow you, also my twitter is @lealeaho xxx

      Delete
  6. Lealea, this dress is amazing!! Very conceptual and yet wearable. I love it!! I love the video too.

    Would you mind me pinning your paper dress to my "Paper Clothing" pinterest board?? Giving you appropriate credits obviously.

    Love Claire xx
    http://www.fashionrhetoric.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks claire!! and yes go for it... i ned to start using pinterest!! everyone keeps telling me to!

      Delete
  7. That's absolutely stunning, and the detail is brilliant! And it's that good it looks like an actual dress you'd see on the catwalk or in a store. Truly well done! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks hun, i really appreciate it! xxx

      Delete
  8. I am supremely impressed. This is beautiful! Will we be seeing you on the Runways anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks anna, thats really sweet of you! and i really wish i could be designing for runways haha but i dont think im quite good enough lol... this was a one off for my uni major project.. lol I just had a fascination with making things out of paper... I once made a pop up book which i am gona make another one and blog it so keep u posted :)

      LeaLea xxxx

      Delete
  9. Wow this is amazing! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so creative Lea lea!

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks insane! I could never do anything like this so it looks amazing, well done! Thanks for your comment on my FMP, I graduated in Fashion Journalism :) I am no way a graphic designer but laying out the magazine was my favourite part. I recently changed my twitter handle which might be why. If you haven't found me already it is @_lamble :) And in regards to me commenting on your post, there is no need to thank me. I like reaching out to people, I think it's important to know you're never alone, in anything xx

    ReplyDelete